Write DEP by 2/16 – Demand Strong Standards to Protect PA’s Water
Digging Deeper on PA DEP/More Background and Links
If you have extra time beyond submitting a letter now, consider reviewing the proposed triennial review regulations to ensure your local streams are protected adequately and contaminants you are concerned about locally have stringent water quality standards to protect your local Pennsylvania watersheds. Take note that proposed regulations are formatted as follows:
- Bracketed text indicates language that is proposed to be deleted
- Bolding of text indicates language that is proposed to be added.
- A proposed amendment may only be needed for certain subdivisions of a regulation. Ellipses (five asterisks) are used to show existing text that is not proposed to be amended in the rulemaking.
Take note that the PA DEP is also requesting public comment for its Water Quality Toxics Management strategy that is open for comment until Feb 16.
Four ways to comment:
1) Using The DRN form above when you click submit will be provided automatically to the DEP to get your letter on record.
2) You can submit to the EQB by sending comments to RegComments@pa.gov or
3) You can provide a direct e-comment through the DEP portal, see what regulations are open for public comment and for how long, as well as see recently closed public comment periods and comments submitted by others on the record.
4) by Mail (Please put Triennial review in the subject line and be sure to mail your comment so it is received by Feb 16th. )
Environmental Quality Board
P.O. Box 8477
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8477.