Stop Trump's Dirty Energy Agenda: the Change Starts Here -- Updates
FERC is set to reconvene on September 20th with Trump’s Senate-approved commissioners Robert Powelson and Neil Chatterjee eager to use their newly minted rubber stamps.
All of this is happening as the Senate and House are moving bills that would expand FERC’s authority. One of the House bills actually strips the president of the border crossing authority used to stop Keystone XL and gives it to FERC. But the worst of the bills is the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Act of 2017, S. 1460. It expands FERC’s authority by requiring other permitting agencies to “give deference” to FERC and it limits FERC’s review of LNG facilities to 45 days.
New court decisions are both strengthening and weakening our ability to battle pipelines.
Register to join us Thursday, September 7, 6:30 pm, for a webinar to get the latest on:
- Trump’s Dirty Energy Agenda
- Recent Litigation Outcomes Impacting FERC Fracked Gas Pipelines
- Legislation Being Advanced Through Congress
- Pipelines In Line for FERC’s Rubber Stamp
- September 20th Action at FERC’s first meeting since restoration of a quorum and how you can be involved.
Click here for more information on the event schedule, speakers, and to register for the webinar.
Can’t make it on the 7th? Still register and we’ll send you a link to a recording of the webinar so you can still get fully up to speed.